ATTENTION ALL RECRUITERS/MANAGERS: For information regarding how to post a position, click this link: How to advertise on the CAMSS website.
and send your request to the Webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Director, Integrated Credentialing Office - Keck Medicine of USC - Los Angeles, CA
- Manager, Medical Staff Affairs - Mission Hospital - Mission Viejo, CA
- Chief Medical Officer - George L. Mee Memorial Hospital - King City, CA
- Medical Staff, Coordinator - Mercy San Juan Medical Center - Carmichael, CA
- Director, Medical Staff - Loma Linda University Health - Loma Linda, CA
- Credentialing Specialist - Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific - Concord, CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on March 8th, 2014
This highly visible position is responsible for the overall management for Centralized Credentialing, a function which provides system-wide primary source verification information to hospitals and ambulatory care practices including applications, reinstatements and reappointments. In addition, credentialing information will be provided to other affiliated outpatient entities throughout the health system as appropriate. The director plans and directs the credentialing operations, supervises a staff of 10, oversees and manages the payer audits and provides support to the Medical Staff Services Directors during accreditation surveys for each facility in the health system. The director collaborates with medical staff administration offices, business entities and corporate functions of the health system to develop effective credentialing policies, procedures, and processes and implements applicable policies and processes within the department. The director ensures compliance with regulatory requirements related to credentialing including TJC, DNV, NCQA, Title 22, and CMS.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Current CPMSM and/or CPCS required.
- Minimum of 6 years experience as a medical staff services professional with at least 3 years in a managerial role in a medical staff or credentialing department.
- Experience and/or knowledge of managed care credentialing processes strongly preferred.
- A Fire and Safety card must be presented upon hire or must be obtained at our facility within the first 30 days of hire and maintained by renewing before expiration date.
To apply for this position: Please email your resume to Bryan Hickey at email@example.com.
Posted on March 7th, 2014
The Manager of Medical Staff Affairs provides staff supervision and coordinates the activities of the medical staff departments and committees including peer review, quality review, credentialing (appointment and reappointment), maintaining medical staff and departmental files and for coordinating the continuing medical education activities of medical staff and allied health professionals for Mission Hospital and CHOC at Mission Hospital medical staff.
- AA degree
- Two (2) year’s work experience in Medical Staff Services supervision and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- BA degree
- Certified Medical Staff Coordinator (CMSC) preferred.
To apply for this position: Visit our website at www.mission4health.com and search for job opening 14002113.
Posted on February 26th, 2014
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is the leadership position that serves to strengthen the relationship between hospital administration and the medical staff. He/she is the chief administrative leader responsible for clinical quality within the organization. The CMO works closely with both administrative staff and members of the medical staff and its leadership to maintain the high quality of medical care and to promote medical staff participation in furthering the mission of the organization.
The CMO works with the leadership of the medical staff and the CEO to develop and ensure compliance with the Physician/Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
The CMO is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the medical staff services for the entire organization including both acute care/clinics and all outpatient services. The CMO assists the medical staff in formulating standards of care and strategic direction for quality, facilitates communication between the medical staff and administration, and ensures positive medical staff relations. The CMO works to align medical staff goals with those of Mee Memorial Hospital and ensures compliance with all quality, legal, and regulatory requirements.
The CMO will provide medical leadership for Mee Memorial Hospital physicians, ARNPs, and PAs. The CMO participates in recruitment, selection, and evaluation of Mee Memorial Hospital physicians, ARNPs, and PAs.
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and also works with: Chief Clinical Officer (CCO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), Chief Information Officer (CIO), Clinics Director, Quality Director, Medical Staff Director; Chief of Staff, and Medical Executive Committee (MEC).
Education Required: MD or DO with Board Certification, along with significant management training. Preference given to candidates with Masters Degree in Business Administration or Masters Degree in Healthcare Administration.
Specialized Training Required: Advanced training and/or experience in Medical Management, Healthcare Law, and/or Quality Improvement preferred. Completion of physician executive leadership coursework and management skills training is expected.
License/Certification/Registrations Required: Professional license to practice medicine in California as well as active DEA number.
To apply for this position: Please visit the following website http://www.meememorial.com/careers-career-opportunities-at-mee. Additional position details will be available via the link.
Posted on February 20th, 2014
Mercy San Juan Medical Center is a nationally recognized 370-bed, not-for-profit, Level II Trauma Center located in Carmichael, California, serving the areas of north Sacramento County and south Placer County. It is one of the region's largest and most comprehensive medical centers. Dedicated to the community's well-being, our 2,100 employees, 430 medical staff and 270 volunteers provide excellence in care for more than 150,000 patients each year.
Under the immediate supervision of the Director/Manager of Medical Staff Services, the incumbent coordinates medical staff functions; prepares for committee meetings, takes minutes, processes and distributes appropriate correspondence. In conjunction with the Central Verification Unit, the incumbent assists with the credentialing/privileging process and ensures that all expirables are obtained and managed timely.
This position requires at least 3 years progressive medical staff administrative experiences. Preferably CPCS and/or CPMSM certified. If you are not certified the opportunity is contingent on your completion of Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) exam following a minimum of 3 years in the field.
To apply for this position: Please visit our website http://www.dignityhealthcareers.org/
Posted on February 9th, 2014
Loma Linda University Health, one of the world’s premier healthcare providers, has a key position available for a health care professional with highly developed communication and interpersonal skills to manage the daily operations of our Medical Staff Administration office.
This highly visible position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years current experience as a full Medical Staff Coordinator; 2 years as a Medical Staff Administration
- CPMSM Certification; second Certification as a CPCS preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare regulatory requirements
- Thorough understanding of JCAHO medical staff credentialing and privileging requirements
- Understanding of medical staff committee structure and peer review process
To apply for this position:
Please apply online at http://careers.llu.edu
and search for Job # 53898 and/or call (909) 651-4068.
Posted on March 8th, 2014
Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific (PPSP) is currently seeking a full-time Credentialing Specialist to serve our clients at the Concord Administrative Office.
The Specialist processes and ensures high quality, timely and accurate credentialing and re-credentialing of physicians and mid-level practitioners at PPSP. Ensures guidelines set forth by state and federal licensing agencies, health plan providers and other credentialing agencies are carried out in accordance with their required credentialing and re-credentialing requirements. Serves as affiliate subject matter expert on all credentialing matters, including inquiries from staff and providers. Additionally, this position will provide support to the human resources department.
The Credentialing Specialist reports to the Sr. Human Resources Partner.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three years experience in a health care setting, including two years demonstrated experience managing credentialing.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; (Excel) Spreadsheet software and (Word) Word Processing software.
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) and/or Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or attainment within two years of employment.
- Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver's License and insurance.
- Acceptance and application of the confidential nature of the position.
- Self starter with excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
To apply for this position: Please email, fax, or mail your cover letter, resume and names of three professional references with their phone numbers directly to:
Human Resources Department
Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific
2185 Pacheco Street
Concord, CA 94520