ATTENTION ALL RECRUITERS/MANAGERS: For information regarding how to post a position, click this link: How to advertise on the CAMSS website.
and send your request to the Webmaster at: email@example.com
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Temporary Credentialing Specialist: MS Coordinators and MS Directors - California and Washington
- Medical Staff Coordinator - Providence Health & Services - Burbank, CA
- Credentialing Specialist - Tri-City Medical Center - Oceanside, CA
- Medical Staffing Coordinator - Satellite Healthcare - San Jose, CA
- Credentialing and Contract Analyst - Santa Clara Family Health Plan - Santa Clara, CA
- Program Manager, Credentials Verification Services - Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Director, Medical Staff Administration - Mercy General - Sacramento, CA
- Reappointment Coordinator - Glendale Adventist Medical Center - Glendale, CA
- Manager, Medical Staff Services - Marian Regional Medical Center - Santa Maria, CA
- Supervisor Credentialing and Privileges - Kaiser Permanente - Oakland, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator - Kaiser Permanente - Woodland Hills, CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on May 18th, 2015
Immediate openings around the U.S. Current available assignments located within healthcare systems across the United States to last approximately 2-3 months with possibility of extension.
Proficient / Seasoned Credentialing Specialists and Coordinators. Credentialing Software Experience with CACTUS, ECHO, or MSOW a must. Higher Level Individuals (i.e., Managerial/Director) willing to perform credentialing specialist / MSP coordinator contract work should also inquire.
Responsibilities include: processing medical staff credentialing applications for appointment and reappointment to completion, conducting file audits, performing necessary follow-up to obtain missing or expired information, preparing requests for information letters, tracking and follow-up for responses and information. Responsibilities also include ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the credentialing and clinical privileging database. Ensuring ongoing credentialing and privileging processes meet regulatory compliance and industry standards. Developing written policies and reports as requested.
Minimum Qualifications: • CPCS or CPMSM certification is preferred. • Associates or College degree preferred. • 5+ years of recent experience as a Medical Staff Services Professional. • Knowledge of The Joint Commission accreditation standards and federal regulatory requirements. • Strong organizational, communication, and prioritization skills essential. Ability to working independently on Windows applications such as Word and Excel.
Applicants MUST: • Be able to immediately travel to the client site located in the U.S. • Be willing to stay at a hotel or other housing for the duration of the assignment with breaks • Be 100% committed to the duration of assignment. • Be able to furnish up to date immunization documentation • Have strong organizational, prioritization and computer skills.
To Apply For This Position: Email Resume to Jobs@HISGStaffing.com AND complete application on www.HISGStaffing.com
Posted on May 12th, 2015
*Responsible for the administrative support to several Medical/Professional Staff departments including its leadership.
*Coordinate the development and/or revision of departmental Rules & Regulations to ensure compliance with current practice, accreditation standards, State/Federal regulations as well as system wide regulatory requirements.
*Oversight of department/committee meeting management (provide support duties for designated hospital based committees, including but not limited to, agenda preparation and distribution, meeting documentation preparation, and transcription of minutes) to ensure flow of information through established reporting and approval process.
*Assist with elements of the credentialing process specific to departmental responsibilities.
*Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or CPCS certification or in progress
* Three years recent experience as a Medical/Professional Staff Coordinator.
* Knowledge of medico/legal issues, State/Federal Regulatory Requirements, TJC and CMA Accreditation Standards
* Excellent telephone etiquette, minute taking capabilities ability to compose letters/memorandums, experience in coordinating events, excellent shorthand (or speedwriting notehand, etc.), transcription experience, computer literacy, and data base management.
* Candidate should be an independent problem solver, be familiar with medical terminology and have excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Must have extensive word processing skills (Microsoft Office Suite and Excel, MD-Staff software a plus) and be attentive to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
To Apply For This Position: Visit our website at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=35600
When applying online, please reference job number 69021.
Posted on May 12th, 2015
This position is responsible for performing credentialing activities and other Medical Staff functions in accordance with Joint Commission accreditation standards, state and federal regulatory requirements. Specific responsibilities may include involvement in initial credentialing, reappointments, CME functions, ED call schedule, committee/department meeting support, monitoring and updating expirables and other administrative tasks as described in the Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist Job Description. Uphold the mission and goals of Tri-City Medical Center.
Major Position Responsibilities:
*Maintain current knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation standards, State and Federal regulatory requirements.
*Maintain current knowledge of TCMC Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Polices and Procedures.
*Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Policies and Procedures, accreditation standards, and state and federal regulatory requirements.
*Ensure that resource equipment, supplies, and manuals are ordered, updated, and maintained for all assigned areas of responsibility.
*Provide quality and ethical customer service to all practitioners, patients, other hospital departments, medical group liaisons, and other hospital entities.
*Assess areas of improvement within assigned areas of responsibility, develop and implement related policies and procedures.
*Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively utilizing both written and verbal skills.
*Previous Medical Staff credentialing experience (3-5 years), required.
*Demonstrated keyboard ability for word processing.
*Ability to use hospital data system to capture various reports as necessary
*Basic secretarial and clerical skills in order to prepare and complete minutes, agendas, reports and other documentation.
*Ability to sit for extended periods of time with repetitive motions, such as typing.
*Ability to work alone in close quarters with others, performing different tasks.
*Ability to prioritize daily workload to meet multiple tasks and deadlines.
*Knowledge of Joint Commission standards and regulatory requirements
Education: High-school diploma or GED, required.
Certifications: CPCS or CPMS, preferred.
To Apply For This Position: Please visit our website at www.tricitymed.org
Posted on May 5th, 2015
The Medical Staff Coordinator plans, develops and organizes the function of Medical Staff credentialing to meet the mission and goals of Satellite Healthcare (SHC) as well as meeting the requirements of SHC’s medical staff bylaws and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory agencies. This position coordinates and provides technical and administrative support for physician and allied health credentialing, including processing new applications and requests for temporary privileges. The Medical Staff Coordinator also processes and assists with re-credentialing, performs all required steps to complete the credentialing process, works closely with SHC's administration regarding medical staff issues and provides other assistance as requested.
The selected candidate will have 3 years of experience as a medical staff services professional, along with working knowledge of medical staff credentialing and organizational structures, external accrediting standards, state/federal requirements, all related regulatory agency requirements, and internal medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures. Must have excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills, be able to maintain absolute confidentiality, and be computer proficient, including word processing, data entry, retrieval and report formatting. A Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) is preferred, as is some higher education in health information, business or a related field and hospital administrative experience preferred.
To Apply For This Position: Please visit www.satellitehealth.com and reference Job# 15-0335.
Posted on April 30th, 2015
We are seeking a Credentialing and Contract Analyst who will be responsible for the coordination of the credentialing and contracting process for all physicians and ancillary providers using multiple tracking systems including managing processes with the credentialing verification organization, managing contracts and applicable data within the contract management system and ensuring accuracy of the provider data within SCFHP core operating system(s). The Credentialing Analyst is responsible for the oversight of the credentialing and re-credentialing process for delegated providers.
1. Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and outside of SCFHP; effective team member; strong working knowledge of the principles of public relations; present oneself professionally.
2. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
3. Demonstrated 3-5+ years experience working with underserved populations.
4. Proven ability to: think creatively and strategically about organizing work efficiently; gather and analyze data, organize and write reports, understand and interpret and apply applicable rules and regulations; establish and evaluate priorities.
5. Self-directed with proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision; meet critical deadlines; follow up on assignments; handle multiple projects simultaneously, exercise discretion and independent judgment
6. Strong computer skills including competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); use of the Web for research.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; able to express oneself clearly and concisely.
8. Strong attention to detail.
1. B.A. / B.S. degree or related work experience.
2. Managed Care experience and fluency in Spanish or Vietnamese preferred.
To Apply For This Position: please visit our job opportunities page at www.scfhp.com
Posted on April 30th, 2015
In this crucial position, you’ll manage the design and implementation of systems that ensure the integrity of our organization’s credentialing procedures, including application processing; the proctoring of new practitioners as well as current practitioners requesting new privileges; biennial reappointments; and the processing of temporary privilege requests. Join us, and feel the pride that comes with impacting our medical center – and your future – in a big way.
•An Associate’s degree in Medical Staff Science (or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience)
•At least 5 years of experience in medical staff services
•CPMSM or CPCS certification
•Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Access and Excel (proficiency with medical staff software is a plus)
To Apply For This Position: Visit us at www.northridgehospital.org or contact Connie Kerr at Connie.Kerr@dignityhealth.org.
Apply directly at: www.ecentralmetrics.com/url/?u=10373922190-118
Posted on April 27th, 2015
Mercy, a member of Dignity Health, is an integral part of Sacramento, California’s state capitol. Sacramento is a rapidly growing metropolitan area that is family-centric, culturally diverse, and offers an array of affordable housing options. Over the years, our hospitals have evolved, but our mission has remained the same -- to promote healthy communities.
The Medical Staff Director will oversee the Medical Staff functions for Mercy General Hospital and the Central Verification Unit, Which services the medical staff of the Greater Sacramento Service Area. The incumbent is knowledgeable of State and Federal regulations and licensure standards governing medical staff. The manager supports the hospital's medical staff by planning and directing the activities of the Medical Staff Office to meet these standards and regulations. In addition the manager serves as a liaison between Administration and the Medical staff. The position requires a close working relationship with the Quality Management Department to achieve mutual goals related to standards of care. The incumbent is also responsible for working with the Medical Staff Services in the Service Area in As part of this team, the Manager has specific accountabilities for managing the Central Verification Unit.
Mercy General is currently looking for an experienced Medical Staff Office leader, with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin or related management. field. Certification from CMSC is also preferred.
To Apply For This Position: Visit our website www.dignityhealth.org
Posted on April 13th, 2015
Responsible for processing all medical staff applications for reappointment, physician profiles and OPPE reports for back log of Medical and Allied Health Staff providers according to established procedures and in accordance to the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, General and Department-specific policies and procedures as well as all requirements set forth by CMS, The Joint Commission, CDPH, IMQ and any other accrediting and/or licensing bodies that regulate the credentialing function. Manage “expirables”, ensuring that all practitioner files show evidence of current required certificates, including but not limited to current state licensure, DEA certificate and malpractice insurance. Maintain physician profile on computer including address changes, change in status, meeting attendance, licensure and professional liability expiration dates etc.
Must have minimum of 2 years acute hospital experience. Must be computer proficient in MS Office as well as ECO software experience preferred.
To Apply For This Position: Please visit our website at www.AHSoCalCareers.com or
contact Sally Munoz, Senior Clinical Recruiter Sally.Munoz@ah.org
Posted on May 18th, 2015
The Manager of Medical Staff Services is responsible for the overall management of the medical staff services functions, including staffing, budgets, database administration, credentialing, privileging, bylaws, rules, regulations and policies governing medical practice, focused and ongoing professional practice evaluation, committees and communications. The Manager serves as a key point of liaison between the Administrative Leadership, Chief Medical Officers and the Medical Staff Officers, and managed care companies on provider privileging, credentialing, and medical staff governance and policy issues. The Manager is responsible for the overall management of medical staff services and its associated employees.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Medical Staff Office with increasing accountability for leadership functions required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in management required.
- 5 years’ experience in Medical Staff Office preferred.
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist - CPCS.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all practitioners, leaders and staff
- Computer skills with ability to review and analyze data and information.
To Apply For This Position: Please visit our website and search jobs WWW.Dignityhealth/careers
Posted on March 6th, 2015
As a member of the Quality Outcomes Management Team, you will direct the medical staff services program which includes credentialing and privileging and medical staff business affairs. You will also be responsible for working closely with all of the hospital-based medical services, committees, individuals, and outside regulatory agencies.
- At least four years in a hospital setting with a minimum of two years supervisory experience
- One year of experience with CALS accreditation survey process preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in health science or four years of experience in a directly related field
- A high school diploma or GED
- CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist) and/or CPMSM (Certified Professional Medical Services Management) certifications preferred
- Participation in NCQA and Joint Accreditation process preferred
- Training in principles and tools of TQM/CQI
- Knowledge of credentialing and privileging
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
To Apply For This Position: Please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 328342.
Posted on March 10th, 2015
In this role, you will initiate the appointment/credentialing and re-appointment/re-credentialing process, compiling and processing data in compliance with local, regional, state and federal accreditation requirements. You will ensures thorough and timely verification of Licensed Independent Practitioner's (LIP) and Allied Health Professional Staff (AHP) credentials and privileges according to local and regional medical staff services policies and procedures for practitioners in both the hospital and/or ambulatory settings. You will provide medical staff service support services to professional staff by supporting professional staff committee meetings, initiating the proctoring function, tracking of residents/medical students and acting as a resource for physicians, allied health professionals, medical center leadership and patients. In addition, you will complete specific time-limited project assignments as delegated by Director of Medical Staff Services or Senior Medical Staff Coordinator.
- AA degree or equivalent experience preferred; bachelor's degree preferred.
- The Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Certification OR three to five years of demonstrated knowledge of medical staff service functions related to credentialing/privileging, preferred.
- Proficient with IBM PC, medical staff database.
- Proficient with medical terminology.
- Significant knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e., Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (TJC), National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), Department of Corrections (DOC), Department of Health Care Services (DHS), The Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Title 22).
- Strong organization, communication, and written skills, with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Experience with Med Staff Credentialing in a hospital environment.
- Certification as Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS).
To Apply For This Position: Please send your resume to Karen.G.Gilabochian@kp.org or visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 335553.