ATTENTION ALL RECRUITERS/MANAGERS: Send your request to the Webmaster at: email@example.com
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Director, Medical Staff Services, Dignity Health, Sacramento, Ca
- Director, Medical Staff Services, White Memorial Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Credentialing Coordinator, Anesthesia Management Professionals, San Diego, CA
- Medical Staff Director, St. Helena Napa Valley Hospital & St. Helena Behavioral Health
- Medical Staff Credentialing Coordinator, Feather River Hospital, Paradise CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on February 9th, 2016
Mercy, a member of Dignity Health, is an integral part of Sacramento, California’s state capitol. Sacramento is a rapidly growing metropolitan area that is family-centric, culturally diverse, and offers an array of affordable housing options. Over the years, our hospitals have evolved, but our mission has remained the same -- to promote healthy communities.
Regarded as one of the area's most comprehensive and accomplished medical centers, we're proud to offer career opportunities to you! For more than 100 years, Mercy General Hospital has carried forward its founding Sisters' tradition of healing with compassion. Our vital statistics - 343 beds, 2,317 employees, 500 active medical staff, 251 deliveries a month and 17,250 patients admitted annually-speak to our strength and presence in the community. We're also proud of the recognition our teams have received throughout the world. Since 1997, we've earned a spot on three prestigious 100 Top Hospitals lists: Top 100 Hospitals, National Benchmarks for Success; 100 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals; Top 100 Hospitals, Thomson.
Dignity Health is looking for a Director of Medical Staff and a Credentials Specialist to Join our team!
We’re looking for someone with at least 4 years’ experience in a Medical Staff Office, Previous leadership required for the director role along with a B.A. or B.S. degree (Business Administration or related management field preferred). Certification CMSC by professional organization preferred for both titles.
The incumbent will oversee the Medical Staff functions for Mercy General Hospital and the Central Verification Unit, Which services the medical staff of the Greater Sacramento Service Area. The incumbent is knowledgeable of State and Federal regulations and licensure standards governing medical staff. The manager supports the hospital's medical staff by planning and directing the activities of the Medical Staff Office to meet these standards and regulations. In addition the manager serves as a liaison between Administration and the Medical staff. The position requires a close working relationship with the Quality Management Department to achieve mutual goals related to standards of care. The incumbent is also responsible for working with the Medical Staff Services in the Service Area in As part of this team, the Manager has specific accountabilities for managing the Central Verification Unit.
Join our Medical Staff Department Today! Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.dignityhealthcareers.org/Director or www.dignityhealthcareers.org/specialist
Posted on January 27th, 2016
White Memorial Medical Center (WMMC) is a 353-bed acute-care teaching hospital in Los Angeles, providing a full range of inpatient, outpatient, emergency and diagnostic services to the communities of Los Angeles County for over 100+ years.
We are a major teaching hospital and everyday we serve our community with a passion for excellence, a spirit of Christian service, and a commitment to medical education. Our medical staff consists of 557 physicians and 69 residents. We currently have an opportunity for a Director, Medical Staff with experience in a Medical Staff Department
The Director of Medical Staff Services is a professional, qualified to function in a management capacity, act as a liaison between hospital administration and the Medical Staff, act independently and maintain strict confidentiality on all Medical Staff Services issues. Responsible for coordination and oversight of the Medical Staff including credentialing and recredentialing, OPPE/FPPE meeting management, and the flow of information from Medical Staff committees through the Medical Executive Committee, as well as all follow up items to facilitate implementation of recommendations. Acts as a resource to Medical Staff regarding Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules, Regulations and Policies, Facilities all medical staff investigations connected with Medical Staff Well Being and Disciplinary processes. Assists with TJC/CMS/IMQ survey preparation for the Medical Staff functions. Works closely with Medical Staff leaders, hospital administration and legal council on selected Medical Staff issues, Maintains and reports on the Medical Staff financial records.
Qualifications include Medical Staff Management certification (CPMSM), a minimal of a Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred, with three to five years of Medical Staff Management experience in an acute care setting a must. Possess diplomatic communication skills; strong speaking and composition skills; as well as tact and diplomacy.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package. Join our Medical Staff Department today! Please visit our website at AHSoCalCareers.com to apply.
ADVENTIST WHITE MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER
Posted on December 14th, 2015
Anesthesia Management Professionals, Inc. (“AMP”), a leading medical management company and subsidiary of Anesthesia Service Medical Group (“ASMG”), has an immediate, full-time opening for a Credentialing Coordinator.
Founded in 1946, ASMG presently employs more than 250 anesthesiologists in San Diego, California. These physicians provide anesthesia services in eleven acute care hospitals, ten freestanding outpatient surgery centers and numerous physician and dental offices throughout San Diego County.
As a professional management corporation, AMP provides a full range of financial, operational, legal and human resources services in support of ASMG’s clinical practice.
Under direct supervision, works in a team effort to maintain providers’ privileges and credentials in accordance with criteria set forth by the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) and Joint Commission (JC); provides related administrative and clerical support; other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Two years credentialing experience required; CPCS or CPMSM preferred
- Familiarity with NCQA and JC standards; Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and hospital policies, as they relate to credentialing
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel; familiarity with computer-based credentialing software preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with specific attention to detail and follow-up
- Team player
- Ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks; specifically, must be able to allocate time among several credentialing projects and accommodate the needs of each client
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and confidently resolve issues
If you are interested, please fax your resume to John Thiede, HR Director at 858.565.9441.
Posted on November 27th, 2015
The Director of Medical Staff Services is responsible for the overall management of Medical Staff Services functions at St. Helena Napa Valley Hospital and St. Helena Center for Behavioral Health. Responsibilities include staffing, budgets, database administration, credentialing, privileging, bylaws, rules & regulations, policies, practitioner competence, Medical Staff committee management and communication. This position serves as an important liaison between Administration, CMO, Medical Staff Officers, the General Medical Staff and Hospital Departments. The Director works closely with Administration, the Quality Department and Medical Staff leadership to effect performance improvement within the organization. The Director is responsible for continuous compliance to state and federal regulations, TJC standards and CMA guidelines as they relate to the Organized Medical Staff and the Medical Staff Services Department.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, or five years of management-related training and experience in an acute care hospital setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM) by the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) required
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior management, medical staff, other team leaders, employees and external agencies
- Able to independently problem-solve, make decisions, and negotiat
Salary: Competitive salary dependent upon experience and qualifications.
About St. Helena Hospital Napa Valley
Adventist Health is a faith-based, not-for-profit Healthcare delivery system headquartered in Roseville, California, just Northeast of Sacramento. Affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church with locations throughout Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, and California, our system includes: * 20 Hospitals with more than 2,800 beds * More than 200 clinics(hospital-based, rural health and physician c...linics) * 14 home care agencies * Seven Hospice agencies * Four joint-venture retirement centers * Our workforce of 28,600 includes more than 20,500 employees, 4,500 Medical Staff and 3,600 volunteers
Posted on October 28th, 2015
Job Purpose: Responsible for the overall process for physican and allied health practioner credentialing, including appointment/reappointment to the Medical Staff, and ongoing evaluation. Manages Medical Staff meetings. Assists with regulatory compliance.
- Ability to demonstrate and verbalize knowledge of the hospital's mission, vision and values. Considers cultural and age-related factors when dealing with guests and/or staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of family violence, child, elder and disabled neglect and abuse so as to identify those at risk.
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills in compliance with the Feather River Hospital Standards of Service.
- Fosters an environment that nurtures collaboration, teamwork, and mutual respect.
- Demonstrates positive communication skills, as evidenced by effective working relationships with staff, physicians, guests and coworkers.
- Keeps an accurate record of time worked, starts on time, ends on time, avoids overtime except when required. Avoids unfavorable trends in attendance.
- Maintains a flexible approach and demonstrated willingness to identify and/or assume new activities relative to departmental and hospital needs.
- Maintains compliance with: Environmental safety, Infection Control, Emergency Response/Disaster Preparedness, hospital policies and procedures and all regulatory agencies requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times and uses such information only as allowed by policy.
- Optimizes use of time by efficiently utilizing tools, resources, techniques and/or systems to organize tasks.
- Balances multiple priorities simultaneously, ensuring the timely and accurate completion of each task while maintaining quality standards.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement and quality assurance activities. Understands how they relate to their position.
- Participates in orientation, in-services and staff meetings as required by department policy.
- Performs all duties in an independent manner with little or no need for direct supervision (for appropriate activities).
- Presents neat, professional appearance in proper attire and identification as required by the position, department and hospital policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a positive relationship with Medical Staff Leadership
- Maintains current knowledge of Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, hospital policies related to Medical Staff and regulatory agency requirements.
- Maintains Medical Staff database and official rosters/call schedules requirements.
- Manages ongoing monitoring of practitioner competence (OPPE)
- Manages proctoring (Focused Professional Practice Evaluations).
- Notifies Medical Staff and monitors payment of annual Medical Staff dues and applicable fees.
- Prepares agendas, minutes, and follow-up correspondence for Credentials/Bylaws, Interdisciplinary Practices Committee, CME/Library Committee, and other committees, as assigned.
- Processes applications and reapplications from physicians and allied health professionals requesting Medical Staff membership and/or privileges.
Line of Responsibility and Authority - Director ~ President/CEO
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related field or minimum of five (5) years experience working in a Medical Staff Office.
- Non-violent Crisis Prevention & Intervention preferred.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: A valid Driver's license with a clean DMV record is required.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist required.