ATTENTION ALL RECRUITERS/MANAGERS: Send your request to the Webmaster at: email@example.com
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Credentials Coordinator - CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center - Los Angeles, CA
- Senior Administrative Analyst - UCLA - Los Angeles, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator - Glendale Adventist Medical Center - Glendale, CA
- Supervisor Credentialing & Privileges - Kaiser Permanente - Santa Rosa, CA
- Director, Medical Staff, St. Helena Napa Valley - Napa, CA
- Temporary Credentialing Specialist: MS Coordinators and MS Directors - California and Washington
- Credentialing Coordinator - Stanford Healthcare - Palo Alto, CA/Telecommute
- Medical Staff Coordinator - Kaiser Permanente - Woodland Hills, CA
- Provider Services Credentialing Specialist - Central California Alliance For Health - Scotts Valley, CA
- Medical Staff, Coordinator - Mercy San Juan Medical Center - Carmichael, CA
- Medical Staff Coordinator - Valley Presbyterian Hospital - Van Nuys, CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on August 3rd, 2015
The Credentials Coordinator coordinates and maintains all aspects of credentialing activities in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws and required time frames, including initial applications, reappointments, allied health professionals, locum tenens and temporary privileges. The Credentials Coordinator also maintains the privilege delineation system and the Medical Staff database.
*High School Diploma or equivalent. Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) certification highly desirable.
*Knowledge of Joint Commission, CMA and Title 22 Standards for Medical Staff, Performance Improvement and Risk Management
*Working computer knowledge including proficiency on word processing programs and medical staff data base
To Apply For The Position Please Contact:
Susan Steinberg, Recruiter
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
1300 N. Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
323-913-4840 ext 5808
Posted on July 27th, 2015
In this crucial role, you’ll help oversee our Credentials Verification Office (CVO), with a particular focus on ensuring the completeness, accuracy and quality of information within our practitioner credentialing database system. This will involve developing protocols for data entry and queries; training employees in the use of database applications; facilitating CVO workflow and the appointment/reappointment process; supervising and evaluating assigned staff; coordinating the implementation of new database functions and features; preparing and analyzing system reports; and addressing identified issues. Join us, and feel the pride that comes with building on our reputation for excellence.
To qualify, you must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or at least 4 years of experience in credentialing or medical staff services. CPCS certification is also required, as is proficiency with credentialing software.
To Apply For This Position: Visit www.ecentralmetrics.com/url/?u=88254340089-202 or contact Bella Aivazian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on June 30th, 2015
The Medical Staff Coordinator is seeking a professional, qualified individual to function in a Coordinator capacity, act as a liaison between hospital administration and the Medical Staff, with the ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality. Some tasks include the following:
1. Prepare agendas and supporting materials and make preparations for medical staff and committee meetings.
2. Record and prepare minutes and all necessary documentation relevant to medical committee meetings, track and disseminate all business pertinent to these meetings where appropriate, and serve as a resource to the medical staff.
3. Serve as a resource during committee meetings and provide additional input where appropriate.
4. Ensure that items discussed at these meetings which require action are directed to the appropriate persons(s) or committee(s).
5. Arrange for appropriate feedback of significant staff decisions to ensure no lapse of communication occurs within the hospital.
6. Process initial application and reappointment applications for presentation and approval at Credentials Committee meeting.
• Five years’ experience in Medical Staff Services or ten years’ experience in an acute hospital in a business support role such as quality, risk management, medical records.
• Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or willing to obtain CPCS or CPMSM designation no more than 12 months post hire.
• Computer proficiency required with knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and ECHO medical staff program.
• Possess diplomatic communication skills and prolific speaking and composition skills. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all medical staff issues.
• Must be flexible and have strong organizational skills.
• A high regard for the dignity and worth of patients and their families.
• Ability to read and write in the English language.
• Ability to understand and speak English fluently enough to be easily understood by patients, hospital personnel, physicians, and visitors.
• Commitment to upholding and providing services in a manner that is congruent with the Medical Center's mission statement.
To Apply For This Position: Please visit our website at www.AHSoCalCareers.com
Click on Glendale Adventist Medical Center or Contact: Sally Munoz, Senior Clinical Recruiter, Email - Sally.Munoz@ah.org or (818) 409-8447
Posted on June 4th, 2015
As a member of the Quality Outcomes Management Team, you will direct the medical staff services program which includes credentialing and privileging and medical staff business affairs. You will also be responsible for working closely with all of the hospital-based medical services, committees, individuals, and outside regulatory agencies.
•At least four years in a hospital setting with a minimum of two years supervisory experience
•Once year of experience with CALS accreditation survey process preferred
•A bachelor’s degree in health science or four years of experience in a directly related field
•A high school diploma or GED
•CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist) and/or CPMSM (Certified Professional Medical Services Management) certifications preferred
•Participation in NCQA and Joint Accreditation process preferred
•Training in principles and tools of TQM/CQI
•Knowledge of credentialing and privileging
•Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills
•The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
To Apply For This Position: Please send your resume to Ben.Gerbacio@kp.org and visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 307663.
Posted on June 5th, 2015
The Director of Medical Staff Services is responsible for the overall management of Medical Staff Services functions at St. Helena Napa Valley Hospital and St. Helena Center for Behavioral Health. Responsibilities include staffing, budgets, database administration, credentialing, privileging, bylaws, rules & regulations, policies, practitioner competence, Medical Staff committee management and communication. This position serves as an important liaison between Administration, CMO, Medical Staff Officers, the General Medical Staff and Hospital Departments. The Director works closely with Administration, the Quality Department and Medical Staff leadership to effect performance improvement within the organization. The Director is responsible for continuous compliance to state and federal regulations, TJC standards and CMA guidelines as they relate to the Organized Medical Staff and the Medical Staff Services Department.
*Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, or five years of management-related training and experience in an acute care hospital setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience
*Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM) by the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) required
* Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior management, medical staff, other team leaders, employees and external agencies
* Able to independently problem-solve, make decisions, and negotiate
* Management skills, leadership and analytical abilities as well as political intuitiveness
To Apply For This Position: Please submit your application on the St. Helena Napa Valley Hospital website or use the following link: https://www.healthcaresource.com/sthelena/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=100416
Posted on May 18th, 2015
Immediate openings around the U.S. Current available assignments located within healthcare systems across the United States to last approximately 2-3 months with possibility of extension.
Proficient / Seasoned Credentialing Specialists and Coordinators. Credentialing Software Experience with CACTUS, ECHO, or MSOW a must. Higher Level Individuals (i.e., Managerial/Director) willing to perform credentialing specialist / MSP coordinator contract work should also inquire.
Responsibilities include: processing medical staff credentialing applications for appointment and reappointment to completion, conducting file audits, performing necessary follow-up to obtain missing or expired information, preparing requests for information letters, tracking and follow-up for responses and information. Responsibilities also include ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the credentialing and clinical privileging database. Ensuring ongoing credentialing and privileging processes meet regulatory compliance and industry standards. Developing written policies and reports as requested.
Minimum Qualifications: • CPCS or CPMSM certification is preferred. • Associates or College degree preferred. • 5+ years of recent experience as a Medical Staff Services Professional. • Knowledge of The Joint Commission accreditation standards and federal regulatory requirements. • Strong organizational, communication, and prioritization skills essential. Ability to working independently on Windows applications such as Word and Excel.
Applicants MUST: • Be able to immediately travel to the client site located in the U.S. • Be willing to stay at a hotel or other housing for the duration of the assignment with breaks • Be 100% committed to the duration of assignment. • Be able to furnish up to date immunization documentation • Have strong organizational, prioritization and computer skills.
To Apply For This Position: Email Resume to Jobs@HISGStaffing.com AND complete application on www.HISGStaffing.com
Posted on July 14th, 2015
The Credentialing Coordinator (CC) is responsible for processing applications from providers for medical staff membership in the Credentialing Department. The Credentialing Coordinator ensures that appointments and reappointments meet NCQA and TJC standards and oversees the day-to-day tasking to complete the process appropriately. In addition, the Credentialing Coordinator interprets the Medical Staff By-Laws, Rules & Regulations, general hospital policies and procedures, and other regulations governing the Medical Staff. This position also includes various project work.
This is a telecommute position--Must reside in California. There will be some meetings and training held in the Medical Staff Services Department locally; however, the majority of the position is remote.
1. High school graduate or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
2. Two years of medical staff and/or credentialing experience required. (ie. Experience in physician credentialing in a hospital, clinic, health maintenance organization (HMO), or insurance company is preferred.)
3. Ability to type minimum 65 wpm. required.
4. Knowledge of computer applications and word processing required. (Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel preferred.)
5. Organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing are required.
6. Ability to interact with all levels of management and able to set priorities and manage multiple demands effectively.
7. Ability to function well within a team and independently.
Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) and/or Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM) required within 3 years of employment.
To Apply For This Position: Visit stanfordhospitalcareers.com and search for requisition 32830.
Posted on July 20th, 2015
In this role, you will initiate the appointment/credentialing and reappointment/re-credentialing process, compiling and processing data in compliance with local, regional, state, and federal accreditation requirements. You will ensure thorough and timely verification of Licensed Independent Practitioner’s (LIP) and Allied Health Professional Staff (AHP) credentials and privileges according to local and regional medical staff services policies and procedures for practitioners in both the hospital and/or ambulatory settings. Other duties include providing medical staff service support services to professional staff by supporting professional staff committee meetings, initiating the proctoring function, tracking of residents/medical students, and acting as a resource for physicians, allied health professionals, medical center leadership, and patients. In addition, you will complete specific time-limited project assignments as delegated by the Director of Medical Staff Services or Senior Medical Staff Coordinator.
• An AA degree or two years of experience in a directly related field; a bachelor’s degree is preferred
• A high school diploma or GED
• Certification as a Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred
• CPCS or at least three years of demonstrated knowledge of medical staff service functions related to credentialing/privileging preferred
• Proficient with IBM PC, medical staff database
• Proficient with medical terminology
• Experience with Med Staff Credentialing in a hospital environment preferred
• Significant knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e., TJC, NCQA, DOC, DHS, DMHC, CMS, Title 22)
• Strong organization, communication, and written skills with attention to detail
• The demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision
• The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
To Apply For This Position: Please send your resume to Karen.G.Gilabochian@kp.org or visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 368538.
Posted on July 20th, 2015
Under supervision, this position coordinates the provider credentialing function; ensures ongoing monitoring of contracted and non-contracted providers; provides backup support to the Credentialing Manager, as needed, in the oversight of the delegated credentialing process for appropriate subcontractors; maintains knowledge of current credentialing related regulations, industry standards and best practices; and performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of experience in managed care, hospital credentialing, or license verification and/or auditing, in a health services or government assistance program, or any combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying. Experience with credentialing software (eVips specifically), data entry and reporting strongly preferred. Certification as a Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) preferred.
To apply for this position: For a complete Position Description and to apply online, please visit our careers website at www.ccah-alliance.org/careers.html.
Posted on July 22nd, 2015
Mercy San Juan Medical Center is a nationally recognized 370-bed, not-for-profit, Level II Trauma Center located in Carmichael, California, serving the areas of north Sacramento County and south Placer County. It is one of the region's largest and most comprehensive medical centers. Dedicated to the community's well-being, our 2,100 employees, 430 medical staff and 270 volunteers provide excellence in care for more than 150,000 patients each year.
Under the immediate supervision of the Director/Manager of Medical Staff Services, the incumbent coordinates medical staff functions; prepares for committee meetings, takes minutes, processes and distributes appropriate correspondence. In conjunction with the Central Verification Unit, the incumbent assists with the credentialing/privileging process and ensures that all expirables are obtained and managed timely.
This position requires at least 3 years progressive medical staff administrative experiences. Preferably CPCS and/or CPMSM certified. If you are not certified the opportunity is contingent on your completion of Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) exam following a minimum of 3 years in the field.
To apply for this position: Please visit our website http://www.dignityhealthcareers.org/
Posted on July 20th, 2015
Under minimal supervision, the Medical Staff Management Coordinator has primary responsibility for the organizational management support of the Valley Presbyterian Hospital Medical Staff, including practitioner (Physician and Advanced Practice Clinician) credentialing/privileging, as well as medical staff management support of department and committee meetings. The MS Management Coordinator initiates the initial appointment and reappointment process, compiling and processing data in compliance with local, state and federal accreditation requirements. This includes auditing and data analysis of assigned credentials files and documents ensuring an accurate and current practitioner database utilizing MD-Staff software. Ensures thorough and timely verification of Licensed Independent Practitioner’s (LIP) and Advanced Practice Clinician staff credentials and privileges, according to established department policies and procedures. This function also includes initiating the proctoring process, advancements, status changes and resignations, tracking of medical students, residents and fellows and acts as a resource for physicians, advanced practice clinicians, medical center leadership and patients. Provides Medical Staff Service support to the professional staff by supporting Medical Staff Department/ Division and Committee meetings in preparing agendas, recording minutes and conducting follow-up. Works collaboratively with peers in the department in a team environment. Completes specific time-limited project assignments as delegated by the Director of Medical Staff Services.
•At least 3 years experience in a Medical Staff Services Department in an acute care hospital
•Demonstrated proficiency with a PC and a Medical Staff Database
•Demonstrated proficiency with medical terminology
•Strong organization, communication and written skills, with attention to detail required.
•Significant knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e., DNV, CMS, Title 22)
•Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
•Demonstrated ability to work well with others to facilitate problem identification and resolution.
•Ability to be productive and calm under pressure and deal with rapid succession of different types of requests and tasks simultaneously.
•AA Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
•Courses in Medical Staff Service curriculum preferred.
•CPCS or CPMSM certification required.
•LA County Fire Card required.
To apply for this position: Please visit our website at www.valleypres.org