ATTENTION ALL RECRUITERS/MANAGERS: Send your request to the Webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Links to Job Listings
Current Job Listings
Posted on June 7th, 2016
Health is our business
Make it yours. At Kaiser Permanente, we realize that it takes more than expert medical care to be one of the nation’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. It takes advanced technologies, state-of-art facilities, and the people to support them. Come impact your future, and the future of care. Join us in San Jose or Santa Clara, California.
Manager, Medical Staff Services
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall management of the medical staff services functions, including: staffing, confidential practitioner database administration, survey preparation/coordination, credentialing, privileging, bylaws, rules and regulations, policies, procedures, focused and ongoing professional practice evaluation, committees and communications, CME, and GME.
- At least five years of experience in health care in an administrative or managerial position related to credentialing and/or accreditation
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- A bachelor’s degree or four years of experience in a directly related field
- A high school diploma or GED
- CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist) and/or CPMSM (Certified Professional Medical Services Management) certificates preferred
- Proficient use of computer based medical staff programs, databases, and Microsoft office programs (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
For immediate consideration, please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 366173 (San Jose) or 469862 (Santa Clara).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers
Posted on June 6th, 2016
Medical Staff Coordinator
Department: Medical Staff
Shift: Day shift
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Job Details: The Medical Staff Coordinator is assigned the responsibility of the coordination of medical staff activities.
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. CPMSM or CPCS required. At least five (5) years of experience in a Medical Staff Office with 7-10 years of experience preferred. Experience in both Medical Staff Credentialing and Coordinating preferred.
To apply online go to: https://www.healthcaresource.com/simivalley/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=100717
Posted on June 3rd, 2016
Medical Staff Coordinator - WHC, FT, Day (1600011183)
Under the direction of the Director / Manager of Medical Staff Services, is responsible for coordination and preparation of medical staff functions; prepares for committee meetings, takes minutes, processes and distributes appropriate correspondence; follow up actions are accomplished within 2 weeks of meeting(s). Coordinator participates in quality and care management activities as they pertain to the Medical Staff functions. The Coordinator, in conjunction with the Central Verification Unit, assists with implementation of the credentialing/privileging process. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and Hospital Policies & Procedures. Coordinator shall maintain a working knowledge of accrediting and regulatory agencies (i.e., Joint Commission, NCQA, CMS, and Title XXII) in regards to credentialing/medical staff services. In conjunction with the Central Verification Unit, ensures that all expirables are obtained and managed on a monthly basis according to the rules and policies. Coordinator shall maintain the confidentiality of all business/work and medical staff information. Assists in managing the flow of information between the MSS team, GSSA Credentials Committee, MEC and Medical Staff leadership.
High School graduation or equivalent, some college preferred AA or BA degree.
Two to three years progressive administrative support experience in a hospital or other medical environment.
Administrative experience in a medical group or medical staff office, or healthcare setting, as well as experience in supporting senior level management is desirable. Prefer three years experience in comparable work environment. Experience with, advanced word processing equipment and computers is required. Areas of strengths must include: decision making, problem solving, communication skills, multitasking analytical expertise, and confidentiality.
1. Ensures the credentialing files received from the Central Verification Unit for initial appointment or reappointment is coordinated accurately and timely in compliance with Medical Staff Bylaws and the Medical Staff Rules and Regulations. Analysis documentation to identify any potential quality of care issues or behavioral problems and assures appropriate education and training has been provided to support the clinical privileges requested. Presents completed credential files to the appropriate Department and/or Division Chairs for recommendation to the GSSA Credentials Committee.
2. Maintains knowledge of medical staff activities within assigned departments and committees and relays information regarding physician status, staff standing, privilege delineation, and supervision status to appropriate personnel, while maintaining confidentiality.
3. Provides functional guidance to assist chiefs/chairs in adhering to Bylaws and regulatory requirements; coordinating credentialing activities.
4. Provides support of the Medical Staff, medical staff departments, committees and ad hoc committees as assigned, including an accurate written summary of meetings, providing background research, initiating and preparing agenda/meeting information packets, follow-up on actions taken, writing of correspondence, facilitation of policy formation, and ensuring communication between medical staff committees. Serves as a liaison between Medical Staff Services and hospital departments and administration.
5. Coordinates the provider proctoring process, in accordance with assigned clinical privileges in a timely manner.
6. Interfaces effectively with the quality management department to integrate quality of care and risk management findings into the proctoring and reappointment processes.
7. Provides professional assistance to the medical staff while maintaining the confidentiality of peer review discussions and other sensitive matters in order to promote medical staff confidence.
8. Assist in coordination of the judicial review and/or appeal process within assigned departments/divisions as directed by the Medical Staff Services Director/Manager.
9. Actively participates in preparation for any licensure and/or accreditation survey process. Interacts with surveyors and survey team members to demonstrate compliance with the standards.
10. Maintains Medical Staff Files, including ensuring that all files are current with respect to licensure, malpractice, DEA Registration, Medical Staff affiliations, competency review, etc.
11. Performs other related duties, as required.
To view open positions and apply on-line please visit: www.dignityhealthcareers.org
Posted on May 4th, 2016
Credentialing Coordinator- Santa Rosa Memorial/St Joseph Health
Have you ever considered living in beautiful Sonoma County, CA? With hundreds of wineries, lots of warm sunshine, miles of rugged Pacific coastline and multiple nature parks, it is a dream location to call home!
Located just off the Highway 101 corridor, approximately 55 miles north of San Francisco, Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 278-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of specialty services. The hospital is home to the region's Level II Trauma Center serving the entire Coastal Valleys area, including Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino and Lake counties, as well as coastal Marin County.
We are currently looking for a Full-time Credentialing Coordinator to join our Medical Staff Services team.
The Credentialing Coordinator is responsible for the quality and coordination of all aspects of Medical Staff and Allied Health credentialing and privileging. Provides assistance to the Medical Staff leadership in the evaluation of current competency of each practitioner in the appointment, provisional/probationary review, reappointment, and new/additional privileging processes in order to help assure patient safety and protect the hospital against potential liability. Provides assistance in updating privileging criteria. This position oversees the credentialing process performed by other Medical Staff Services staff.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Education: Associate’s Degree preferably in Medical Staff Services (or closely related) from accredited college or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: At least two years of experience in an acute care hospital. Prefer at least one year of acute care credentialing experience.
- Licensure/Certification:- Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services(NAMSS), i.e., CPMSM, CPCS, is preferred.
To Apply: Please email your resume to Elizabeth.email@example.com.
Posted on April 25th, 2016
Job Family: SHNV or CBH
Job Title: Medical Staff Coordinator
Works in Medical Staff department to help coordinate processes of the medical staff. Maintains medical staff data, facilitates medical staff meetings and composes Medical Staff Newsletter.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: At least five years recent experience in medical staff services required, preferably in a large acute care facility
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: CPCS and/or CPMSM Certification or active in the process of becoming certified
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of the standards, conditions of participation, laws and requirements regarding medical staff
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Use of Senses and Communications Skills
ACCOMMODATIONS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key responsibilities and essential functions
CONFIDENTIALITY: Employee must conform with all HIPAA and other confidentiality regulations as required by the job, department, or hospital
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (a): This job requires frequent bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing, reaching above shoulders, sitting, walking inclines and declines, standing, talking, hearing, and performing repetitive hand motions. Vision requirements include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will occasionally lift boxes and/or supplies weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee must demonstrate lifting a 25-pound box from the floor.
POTENTIAL EXPOSURE TO BLOOD & BODY FLUIDS: Category 3 for potential exposure to blood/body fluids. (Does not require the performance of procedures or other tasks in the work routine that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, and the assisting in cases of emergency medical care or first aid is not a requirement of employment. Tasks that involve handling of implements or utensils, use of the public or share bathroom facilities, telephones, and personal contacts such as handshaking, are all considered Category 3 tasks.)
Medical Staff Coordinator Proficiency Level
Arranges for and provides nourishment for Doctors Lounge, orders and maintains office supplies, initiates equipment service calls, manages daily mail, keeps policy and procedure manuals updated.
Collects and accounts for Medical Staff dues, application fees, education contributions and does check vouchers for services and supplies.
Coordinates and facilitates CME programs.
Develops and maintains core privilege forms and maintains physician’s privilege binders.
Facilitates medical staff meetings, preparing and distributing notices and agendas and composing minutes and follow-up correspondence.
Maintains and meets expectations on time for all competencies, license, certifications and education requirements as outlined by local administration, Adventist Health (AH), The Joint Commission (TJC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and all other regulatory agencies.
Maintains Medical Staff Library and provides literature searches upon request.
Performs monthly checks for current license, DEA and insurance database for expirations.
Provides and receives applications and processes for appointment, reappointment, clinical and temporary privileges, and changes in staff status and verifies content with primary sources for St. Helena Hospitals. Maintains MedStaff database.
Provides summary profile of applicants and presents completed applications to appropriate Department Chair, Credentials Committee, MEC, Quality - Medical Staff Development and Governing Body.
Willingly performs other duties and innovations as assigned
Click Link to Apply: https://www.healthcaresource.com/sthelena/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=101197&fwkMethod=L&fwkKey=2005_4531_0_0_160504193749_1462405069560_4162