ATTENTION ALL RECRUITERS/MANAGERS: For information regarding how to post a position, click this link: How to advertise on the CAMSS website.
and send your request to the Webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Links to Job Listings
- Medical Staff Coordinator - Huntington Hospital - Pasadena, CA
- Provider Services Credentialing Manager - Central California Alliance For Health - Scotts Valley, CA
- Credentialing Coordinator - Chest & Critical Care Consultants Medical Group - Anaheim, CA
- Credentialing Specialist - CarePoint, P.C. - Greenwood Village, CO
- Credentialing Specialist - Credentialing Verification Organization - Southern, CA
- Manager, Medical Staff Affairs - Mission Hospital - Mission Viejo, CA
- Director, Medical Staff - Loma Linda University Health - Loma Linda, CA
- Credentialing Coordinator - Stanford Hospital and Clinics - Palo Alto, CA
Current Job Listings
Posted on April 15th, 2014
The Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible for directing medical staff services to meet the needs of the medical staff and is responsible for Credentialing, Recredentialing and Meeting Management. Works with Hospital Administration and the Medical Staff to direct and coordinate administrative support and provide resources needed for the medical staff to enable them to fulfill their duties and obligations as defined by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission Standards, Title 22 Regulations and other regulatory agencies.
- Minimum High School Diploma. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of Medical Staff principles and operations specific to regulatory expectations.
- Comprehensive understanding of medical terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, independent problem solving and decision making skills, critical thinking ability, attention to details and high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer literacy to include extensive word processing skills, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Medical Staff Software.
- At least three years experience in Medical Staff Services Department, with meeting management.
- CPMSM or CPCS certification required.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills are necessary.
- Ability to establish prioritize work assignments.
- Good working knowledge of medical staff organization.
- Computer and database literacy is required.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing. Must possess organizational skills
To apply for this position: We invite you to learn more about this exciting opportunity, our organization, and our benefits by visiting www.hhcareers.com to apply online.
Posted on April 8th, 2014
Under the direction of the Provider Services Director this position: manages the provider credentialing function for the Plan; supervises and trains the Provider Services Credentialing Specialists and the Provider Services Credentialing Assistant; creates and revises credentialing policies, procedures and workflows to ensure compliance with all regulatory and contractual credentialing requirements; conducts oversight of the delegated credentialing process for appropriate subcontractors; and performs other duties as assigned. Duties include but are not limited to: ensuring that appropriate processes are in place to monitor and maintain systematic, timely credentialing and re-credentialing of network providers; developing and implementing standards to ensure the accuracy of provider credentialing data in Alliance systems; monitoring and evaluating the day to day activities of the Provider Services Credentialing Specialists and Provider Services Credentialing Assistant; researching various issues related to credentialing policies and procedures and making recommendations to the Provider Services Director and Peer Review and Credentialing Committee Chair for Peer Review and Credentialing Committee consideration; and scheduling and conducting on-site delegated credentialing audits.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration, Public Administration, Business or related field; three (3) years of supervisory or management level experience in managed care, medical staff services, health services or government assistance programs; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying; and current Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) with the National Association of Medical Staff Services is preferred.
To apply for this position: For a complete Position Description and to apply online, please visit our careers site at www.ccah-alliance.org/careers.html. This is an exempt position, no telephone calls please.
Posted on March 21st, 2014
Provide accurate and timely credentialing services in a professional, prompt, efficient, and courteous manner that meet or exceed NCQA credentialing standards. Credentialing Coordinator will work independently under the general direction and supervision of the Credentialing Manager.
- Receipt, review and timely completion of paper and online medical staff appointment/reappointment applications to affiliated hospitals, contracted health plans and medical groups with accurate data entry.
- Tracking of CME hours and provider expirables to include submitting to external clients
- Identifying and completing urgent applications, advise credentialing manager of credentialing issues
- Perform quality checks on completed applications
- Timely response to external clients regarding provider applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Strong analytical skills, highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Knowledgeable of The Joint Commission, NCQA standards pertaining to medical staff and medical groups.
3 Years credentialing experience with physician group credentialing, including hospital apps, Medicare & IPA's. Highly proficient in MS Office programs. High School diploma.
To apply for this position: Submit resumes with salary requirements to HR@pmcamd.com
Posted on March 21st, 2014
CarePoint, P.C. is currently looking for a credentialing specialist to help our busy credentialing team. CarePoint employs physicians, physician assistants and medical scribes, primarily in inpatient settings. This role will be actively involved in securing privileges for our providers within a large hospital system.
Candidates should have the following skills when applying for this position.
- Prior credentialing experience of 3+ years strongly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills required. Additionally, credentialing applications will be completed and submitted electronically.
- Ability to write letters and emails
- Compiles documents for hospital credentialing
- Works closely with physicians, mid-levels and hospital credentialing staff
- Tracking of documents and timeframes associated with credentialing
- Quick turnarounds and meeting short deadlines
To apply for this position: Please send your Resume to email@example.com
Posted on March 19th, 2014
Credentialing Verification Organization (CVO) Seeking Experienced Credentialing Specialist / Medical Staff Office Coordinator
We are a fast-paced, fully automated/paperless Healthcare credentialing company seeking an experienced, knowledgeable Medical Credentialing Specialist to process credentialing files for our hospital level clients. This position is full-time Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week in our offices in Fountain Valley, CA.
We utilize Cactus software and handle a high volume of files on a monthly basis. You must be extremely knowledgeable in primary source verification for Joint Commission level files, a self-starter, dependable, motivated, and able to juggle many tasks and credentialing files at one time. A CPCS or CPMSM certification is a plus, and preferred. We work paperless, utilizing two monitors, so your experience in a paperless environment is a huge plus. Only candidates with previous Joint Commission file processing will be considered for the position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing incoming applications for initial appointment and reappointment by reviewing applications for completeness with follow-up for missing information directly to provider/provider offices
- Data entry of all practitioner information into our credentialing database Cactus
- Performing primary source verification requests through written/faxed/ telephone requests to meet the applicable standards (licensure, education & training, peer references, etc.)
- High level of customer service and day-to-day support provided to our clients assigned to Specialist
- Additional duties, as assigned
To apply for this position: If you feel your qualifications meet our requirements and would like to apply, please fax your resume with salary requirements to 714-782-5580 Attn: Tammy White, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Salary Requirements must be present on cover letter or resume to be considered.
Posted on March 7th, 2014
The Manager of Medical Staff Affairs provides staff supervision and coordinates the activities of the medical staff departments and committees including peer review, quality review, credentialing (appointment and reappointment), maintaining medical staff and departmental files and for coordinating the continuing medical education activities of medical staff and allied health professionals for Mission Hospital and CHOC at Mission Hospital medical staff.
- AA degree
- Two (2) year’s work experience in Medical Staff Services supervision and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- BA degree
- Certified Medical Staff Coordinator (CMSC) preferred.
To apply for this position: Visit our website at www.mission4health.com and search for job opening 14002113.
Posted on February 9th, 2014
Loma Linda University Health, one of the world’s premier healthcare providers, has a key position available for a health care professional with highly developed communication and interpersonal skills to manage the daily operations of our Medical Staff Administration office.
This highly visible position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years current experience as a full Medical Staff Coordinator; 2 years as a Medical Staff Administration
- CPMSM Certification; second Certification as a CPCS preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare regulatory requirements
- Thorough understanding of JCAHO medical staff credentialing and privileging requirements
- Understanding of medical staff committee structure and peer review process
To apply for this position:
Please apply online at http://careers.llu.edu
and search for Job # 53898 and/or call (909) 651-4068.
Posted on March 21st, 2014
The Credentialing Coordinator (CC) is responsible for processing applications from providers for medical staff membership in the Credentialing Department. The Credentialing Coordinator ensures that appointments and reappointments meet NCQA and TJC standards and oversees the day-to-day tasking to complete the process appropriately. In addition, the Credentialing Coordinator interprets the Medical Staff By-Laws, Rules & Regulations, general hospital policies and procedures, and other regulations governing the Medical Staff. This position also includes various project work.
Telecommute options will be available in the near future.
1. High school graduate or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
2. Two years of medical staff and/or credentialing experience required. (ie. Experience in physician credentialing in a hospital, clinic, health maintenance organization (HMO), or insurance company is preferred.)
3. Ability to type minimum 65 wpm. required.
4. Knowledge of computer applications and word processing required. (Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel preferred.)
5. Organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing are required.
6. Ability to interact with all levels of management and able to set priorities and manage multiple demands effectively.
7. Ability to function well within a team and independently.
Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) and/or Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM) required within 3 years of employment.